Resources for Residents
Monthly Meetings are held on the first Tuesday of every month at the Salvation Army (901 Belmont Ave). View more community events on our Calendar.
Little Free Library
– 1308 Kennon St
– 1615 Pegram St.
– 1321 N. Alexander St
Learn more about the Little Free Library on their website.
- Charlotte Water
- Duke Energy
- Piedmont Gas
- Time Warner Cable
- AT&T & DIRECTV
- Google Fiber … coming soon!
Trash & Recycling Pick-up
Belmont’s garbage, recycling, and yard waste pick up day is on Monday mornings. Place the garbage cart at the curb by 6:30 am on your scheduled collection day, but do not block the sidewalk. The cart must be removed from the curb by midnight on the day of collection. Learn more on the Curb It! web site
- Trash: Every Monday
- Recycling: Every other Monday
- Check the holiday schedule here
- Safe Home Housing Rehabilitation Program
- LeadSafe Charlotte
- Safe Home Emergency Repair Program
Visit the Charlotte, NC website here.
New Lynx Blue Line station opening soon!
Charlotte’s light rail LYNX Blue Line will be extending from Uptown to the University area and the first stop is the Parkwood Station, close to the edge of Belmont at Parkwood Avenue and North Davidson Street. Learn more about this project: CATS BLE web site
CATS Bus routes go through or around the Belmont neighborhood:
- 3 – The Plaza: Davidson & 36th and Davidson & 12th
- 4 – The Country Club: Parkwood & Pegram
- 23 – Shamrock Drive: Davidson & 36th and Davidson & 12th
A Charlotte Area Transit System Rider’s Guide can be found here.
As always, call 911 to reach police, fire or medic in the event of an emergency. Learn more on the CharMeck Citizen Services web site.
- Police department: (704) 336-7600 located at 601 E Trade St.
- Fire department: (704) 336-2150 located at 221 N Myers St.
(704) 336-2152 located at 1201 The Plaza
- Animal Control: 311 or (704) 336-7600 or visit the website
- Poison Control: (800) 222-1222 or visit the website
Many City of Charlotte and Mecklenburg County services are available by calling 311. You can request bulky item pickup, report tall grass and weeds, etc. More services can be requested online.
- 311 – Call 3-1-1 anytime during the hours of 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. within the Mecklenburg County
- Street lights: report an outage or update here
- Code Enforcement: report a violation (Health & Sanitation, tall weeds/grass, graffiti, boarded structures, etc.) here
- District 1 information for the Belmont Neighborhood can be found here
- Patsy Kinsey, district 1 representative; view her profile here
Charlotte Housing Authority:
- Visit the website for more information on how to find and apply for housing through the Charlotte Housing Authority.
Housing & Real Estate
Rezoning & Development
Located next door to Uptown Charlotte and bustling neighborhoods such as Plaza Midwood and NoDa, Belmont has become a popular neighborhood for reinvestment and development. Amenities such as skyline views, Little Sugar Creek Greenway/Cross Charlotte Trail, and the CATS Blue Line Extension have brought newcomers to Belmont
looking to put down roots.
In 2015, the Belmont Community Association formed the Land Use Committee comprised of residents and business owners from the neighborhood.
The mission of the Land Use Committee is to identify, research, and inform on land use issues that impact the Vision of the Belmont Community. The goal of the Land Use Committee is to encourage positive development and investment that is mindful of the history and integrity of the neighborhood.
Since 2015, the Land Use Committee has been active with initiatives in the neighborhood including:
- Community Update (2016) to the Belmont Area Revitalization Plan (2003)
- UNC Charlotte Belmont Character and Corridor Study (2017)
- Historic Landmark Designation of The Red Front Department Store (2017)
- Belmont Avenue Better Block (2017)
- Land Use Snapshot (2018)
The Land Use Committee also works closely with rezoning petitions and the Belmont community to address
concerns and issues with pending development. For up-to-date information on rezoning petitions, please visit www.Rezoning.org or contact the Land Use Committee directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- City of Charlotte/Mecklenburg County web site
- Charlotte Housing Authority web site
- Charlotte Solid Waste Services
- Charlotte Area Transit System (CATS)
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department (Belmont is in the Eastway Division, Response Area 1)
- Charlotte Neighborhood Development
- Charlotte East: What’s happening in East Charlotte
Resources for Landlords
Charlotte NC Rental Information
Recent Newsletters for Belmont Landlords
Resources for Businesses & Builders
Rezoning Petition 2019-008 Petitioner: CoHab, LLC Current Zoning: R-5 Proposed Zoning: MUDD-O Location: 0.52 acres located on the west side of the intersection of Seigle Ave and E. 15th St. Public Hearing Date: TBD Council District: Egleston (1) Decision: Date: Dates...read more
Enlarge CoHab is seeking to rezone a 0.5-acre parcel at Seigle Avenue and East 15th Street to build up to 35 residential units and one commercial space (measuring about 1,500 square feet). Melissa Key This story first appeared on the Charlotte Business Journal by...read more
Finding Home: Can The Changing Optimist Park Accommodate Old And New Residents? This story first appeared on WFAE by Alex Olgin on Jan. 28, 2019. James Atkinson's home was part of the Habitat for Humanity project in the 1980s. Now it's sandwiched between new...read more
Proposed infill project near light rail spurs discussion about preservation, density in urban neighborhoods
Story first appeared on Charlotte Business Journal by Ashley Fahey on Oct 16, 2018. The rate at which Charlotte urban neighborhoods like Belmont and Villa Heights are changing is no secret, and growth there doesn't appear to be grinding to a halt anytime soon. Modest...read more
Google Street View of 1007, 1009, and 1017 Parkwood Avenue Project Update - 09/24/2018: Charlotte City Council voted in support of Rezoning Petition 2018-060. Below is an excerpt from an article by Charlotte Biz Journals dated 9/25/2018: Eid Refaey’s petition to build...read more
COURTESY Belmont Avenue is seeing commercial interest following the rezoning and Historic Landmark Designation of the former Red Front Department Store building, rezoning of 1001 Belmont Ave for Siggy's Good Food, rezoning of 923 Belmont Ave and 1035 Harrill St and...read more
Google Street View of 801 E. 17th Street Dates to Remember: Belmont Community Meeting Presentation: March 6th, 7:00 PM at the Salvation Army, 901 Belmont Ave, Charlotte NC Meeting summary provided by Land Use Committee: [pdf-embedder...read more
Enlarge Pulte is developing a 61-homesite community across South Boulevard and the Lynx Blue Line Scaleybark Station on Belton Street. Like most other home builders active in the Queen City, Atlanta-based Pulte Group Inc. (NYSE: PHM) is full-steam ahead on townhouse...read more
Dates to Remember: Community Meeting Date: Monday, January 8th, 2018 at the Salvation Army Belmont Avenue Corps, 901 Belmont Avenue at 6:00 PM Meeting summary provided by Land Use Committee: [pdf-embedder...read more
Dates to Remember: Belmont Community Meeting Presentation: October 3, 2017 at 7:15 PM at the Salvation Army, 901 Belmont Ave, Charlotte NC Additional Information: Developer: 813 Belmont, LLC Land Use and Zoning Consultant: ColeJenest & Stone Acreage: 0.16...read more