Resources for Residents
Join the conversation on Nextdoor: https://belmontcharlotte.nextdoor.com
Monthly Meetings are held on the first Tuesday of every month at the Salvation Army (901 Belmont Ave). View more community events on our Calendar.
Little Free Library
We have 3 Little Free Library locations in our neighborhood:
– 1308 Kennon St
– 1615 Pegram St.
– 1321 N. Alexander St
Learn more about the Little Free Library on their website.
Looking to set up your utilities? Here are few of the companies that service the Belmont neighborhood:
- Charlotte Water
- Duke Energy
- Piedmont Gas
- Time Warner Cable
- AT&T & DIRECTV
- Google Fiber … coming soon!
Trash & Recycling Pick-up
Belmont’s garbage, recycling, and yard waste pick up day is on Monday mornings. Place the garbage cart at the curb by 6:30 am on your scheduled collection day, but do not block the sidewalk. The cart must be removed from the curb by midnight on the day of collection. Learn more on the Curb It! web site
- Trash: Every Monday
- Recycling: Every other Monday
- Check the holiday schedule here
The City of Charlotte provides several housing repair programs for low-income city residents. In addition, the City partners with nonprofit organizations offering home repair programs to the Charlotte community.
- Safe Home Housing Rehabilitation Program
- LeadSafe Charlotte
- Safe Home Emergency Repair Program
Visit the Charlotte, NC website here.
New Lynx Blue Line station opening soon!
Charlotte’s light rail LYNX Blue Line will be extending from Uptown to the University area and the first stop is the Parkwood Station, close to the edge of Belmont at Parkwood Avenue and North Davidson Street. Learn more about this project: CATS BLE web site
CATS Bus routes go through or around the Belmont neighborhood:
- 3 – The Plaza: Davidson & 36th and Davidson & 12th
- 4 – The Country Club: Parkwood & Pegram
- 23 – Shamrock Drive: Davidson & 36th and Davidson & 12th
A Charlotte Area Transit System Rider’s Guide can be found here.
As always, call 911 to reach police, fire or medic in the event of an emergency. Learn more on the CharMeck Citizen Services web site.
- Police department: (704) 336-7600 located at 601 E Trade St.
- Fire department: (704) 336-2150 located at 221 N Myers St.
(704) 336-2152 located at 1201 The Plaza
- Animal Control: 311 or (704) 336-7600 or visit the website
- Poison Control: (800) 222-1222 or visit the website
Many City of Charlotte and Mecklenburg County services are available by calling 311. You can request bulky item pickup, report tall grass and weeds, etc. More services can be requested online.
- 311 – Call 3-1-1 anytime during the hours of 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. within the Mecklenburg County
- Street lights: report an outage or update here
- Code Enforcement: report a violation (Health & Sanitation, tall weeds/grass, graffiti, boarded structures, etc.) here
- District 1 information for the Belmont Neighborhood can be found here
- Patsy Kinsey, district 1 representative; view her profile here
Charlotte Housing Authority:
- Visit the website for more information on how to find and apply for housing through the Charlotte Housing Authority.
Housing & Real Estate
Rezoning & Development
Located nextdoor to Uptown Charlotte and bustling neighborhoods such as Plaza Midwood and NoDa, Belmont has become a popular neighborhood for reinvestment and development. Amenities such as skyline views, Little Sugar Creek Greenway/Cross Charlotte Trail, and the CATS Blue Line Extension have brought newcomers to Belmont
looking to put down roots.
In 2015, the Belmont Community Association formed the Land Use Committee comprised of residents and business owners from the neighborhood.
The mission of the Land Use Committee is to identify, research, and inform on land use issues that impact the Vision of the Belmont Community. The goal of the Land Use Committee is to encourage positive development and investment that is mindful of the history and integrity of the neighborhood.
Since 2015, the Land Use Committee has been active with initiatives in the neighborhood including:
- Community Update (2016) to the Belmont Area Revitalization Plan (2003)
- UNC Charlotte Belmont Character and Corridor Study (2017)
- Historic Landmark Designation of The Red Front Department Store (2017)
- Belmont Avenue Better Block (2017)
The Land Use Committee also works closely with rezoning petitions and the Belmont community to address
concerns and issues with pending development. For up-to-date information on rezoning petitions, please visit www.Rezoning.org or contact the Land Use Committee directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Charlotte Belmont neighborhood is located just outside Charlotte’s Center City and the I-277 loop. The boundaries are typically described as E. 10th Street, N. Davidson Street, Hawthorne Lane and Parkwood Avenue.
- City of Charlotte/Mecklenburg County web site
- Charlotte Housing Authority web site
- Charlotte Solid Waste Services
- Charlotte Area Transit System (CATS)
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department (Belmont is in the Eastway Division, Response Area 1)
- Charlotte Neighborhood Development
- Charlotte East: What’s happening in East Charlotte
Resources for Landlords
Charlotte NC Rental Information
Recent Newsletters for Belmont Landlords
Resources for Businesses & Builders
In February 2017, the Historic Landmarks Commission voted to recommend that the Charlotte City Council designate the Red Front Department Store Building be a historic landmark in the Belmont community of Charlotte. The property owners of 1125 Belmont Ave, Charlotte...read more
Belmont Area Revitalization Through the solicitation process, the City seeks to sell and partner with a developer to redevelop two once-blighted properties into commercial amenities for the community. Proposals should consider the historic character of the community...read more
A church in Charlotte’s Belmont neighborhood just outside of uptown was recently sold to a buyer with a long-term intention of redeveloping the property for commercial uses. Seigle Avenue Presbyterian Church sold 12 parcels totaling 2.8 acres at the intersection of...read more
Petitioner: MV Residential Development, LLC Current Zoning: I-2 Proposed Zoning: TOD-M(O) Location: 3.06 acres located on the west side of North Davidson Street between East 21st Street and East 22nd Street. Rezoning Petition 2016-144 can be found online here....read more
New development proposed in our neighboring neighborhood - Optimist Park. If you love Abari and Joe’s Doughs so much you’d like to live in walking distance, you’re in luck. A new apartment community is in the works next door. The as-yet-unnamed community is early in...read more
Hundreds of new apartments are planned for a three-acre site on North Davidson Street, just north of uptown Charlotte. Ohio-based developer Miller-Valentine Group has filed a petition with the city to rezone the site, bounded by North Davidson, East 21 st and East...read more
A mixed-use self-storage project just outside of uptown will break ground next month. Denver, Colo.-based Pamlico Investments won rezoning in May to develop a 117,000-square-foot mixed-use facility at the former Midwood Goods site at the intersection of 10th Street...read more